This document sets out the measures undertaken by the Cruising Association to ensure the safety of its staff, members and visitors using meeting space at CA House.
Meeting Space Availability
Our usual meeting rooms are available at CA House, including the full or half Assembly Room, located on the ground floor and the Council Room, located on the first floor.
To book/reserve your required meeting space, please contact:
+44(0)20 7537 2828
All booking requests must be discussed with a member of staff to enable us to better understand your requirements and the measures required to ensure both you, your guests and our staff are COVID secure.
Meeting Space Maximum Occupancy
All restrictions on maximum occupancy have now been eased, but we kindly request that all guests adhere to the rules implemented at CA House.
Minimising the risk of COVID-19
- We request that all staff and guests continue to keep a 2m distance where possible. Further details can be found on the Covid-19 Implementation Programme: CA House page.
- We request that all staff, tenants and visitors wear face coverings in communal areas. For further guidance on the use of masks, please see: Face coverings at work.
- Any visitors who attend CA House without suitable face coverings may ask for a disposable mask, available from Reception.
- Guests and staff are asked to wash their hands for 20 seconds or use the hand sanitiser provided upon entry to the building. Members, staff, and visitors are also asked to wash/sanitise their hands after coming into contact with any common touch points, such as door handles, bannisters etc.
- Any guests or staff showing symptoms of COVID-19 must not enter the premises. If any guests or staff suspect that they have contracted COVID-19, this should be reported to a member of staff on 020 7537 2828 or firstname.lastname@example.org. A full list of symptoms is available from the WHO website.
- In the event that any member of staff or visitor shows symptoms of COVID-19, self-isolation must be imposed, and a test taken immediately after consultation with a medical professional via 111. Positive tests will result in the building being closed for deep cleaning. Any other illnesses will require the member of staff to recover at home until they are fit to return to work.
- A one-way system will be established for your event, depending on numbers and the layout agreed. This will be discussed with you as part of your booking process, and you will need to communicate this with your attendees. Any disabled patrons requiring wheelchair access are permitted to use the usual route of entry/egress.
- To continue encouraging the use of the NHS Test and Trace scheme, we will continue to display QR codes throughout the building.
- Increased cleaning will be undertaken, ensuring that all common touchpoints including toilets, flushes, door handles, and locks are clean. A record of cleaning will be kept.
All payments for room hire must be paid via bank transfer or card. A member of staff will raise an invoice for you.
If you and your visitors are using the bar/restaurant (the ‘Galley’) table service is available and we kindly request that you do not queue at the bar.
CA House visitors are permitted to use the toilet facilities located on the ground and first floors. Patrons are asked to continue respecting the space of others and are asked to keep a distance of 2m. Sufficient signs have been erected to aid with one-way systems still in place. Toilets are cleaned, and rubbish disposed of, on a daily basis and patrons are asked to sanitise their touch points before and after use.
Members are permitted to use the lift in CA House but it is recommended that only one person, or one household do so at any one time. We encourage the use of the stairs where possible.
These procedures will be reviewed weekly to ensure they are effective to provide a COVID-19 secure operation for both guests and staff. Any improvements identified will be implemented and communicated promptly.
Jeremy Batch, Receptionist: email@example.com
Lucy Gray, General Manager: firstname.lastname@example.org